Reminder: These instructions are for a Temporary Banner on a construction site/fence or a temporary banner for an event that takes place in the public right of way such as a parade or marathon.
TIP: If you need a temporary banner on private property, you need this page.
Create iPW Account
- If you don't yet have an iPW account, you must create one.
- You will be validated and notified of your login after creating an account.
- Select "Create User Account".
Create iPW Account
- Log in to your iPW account.
- Select "Apply for a New Permit"--Banners.
- You will see a list of approved locations to select from.
- Follow the steps and hit submit.
- You will be asked if you'd like to submit your documents online. If you hit "yes" follow the instructions below for submitting documents online.
- If you select "no" you can present your documents to The Department of Resilience and Public Works in person at: 444 SW 2nd Ave, 8th Floor. Miami, FL.
- You will be given an application number and a pdf of your application.
- You will need to print and sign this final document. If you're uploading documents, you will scan this in along with your other required documents, above. If not, bring it with you when you submit your documents in-person.
You will be required to pay a Non‐Refundable Application Fee + inspection fee. You can do that in "manage your application - pay now".
Pay Upfront Fees
NOTE: If you try to proceed without paying fees, your application will be rejected.
After your fees are paid, if you said yes to uploading documents, you need to create an account in the ePlan/Project Dox system, or log into an existing account.
Log into ProjectDox
You will receive an email informing you of your ePlan login, once it has been received.
If you will not be submitting your documents online, simply bring the above documents + your signed application to:
The Department of Resilience and Public Works
444 SW 2nd Ave, 8th Floor. Miami, FL.
If you are submitting documents online, in order to be accepted into ePlan/ProjectDox, documents must be named individually and correctly, following a naming convention of “Discipline Sheet Type Sheet Number Sheet Description” (i.e. G001 Cover Sheet or A200 Elevations).
Each drawing page must be submitted as a single file, other documents can be uploaded as multi-page.
Instructions for Naming Documents.
NOTE: Your application will not be accepted if the naming convention is not followed.
After you have uploaded your documents, you will need to alert the system that you have completed your task(s), so they may be reviewed.
- Select the checkbox verifying that you have uploaded your drawings and documents and named all documents as required.
- Select "Upload Complete - Send to The City of Miami".
- You will receive an email notifying you that your documents have been uploaded.
NOTE: This task MUST be completed for The City to begin the review process.
You will be notified via e-mail if there is a problem with your submission (such as the date). Be sure to address any issues immediately. A common mistake is not following the City’s standard file naming conventions (see above), having more than one page per file for drawings (other documents can be more than one page).
NOTE: If, at any time, you want to view the status of your application, go back to iPW, select "Manage Application Permit - View Permit Applications". Select this permit application number, and the "review history" tab to see the feedback on your submission and the review status.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are re-submitting corrected pages, please name the correct page with the exact same name as you did previously. The system will know it’s a new version of a previously submitted page and will review the new page accordingly.
Once you have paid all fees and your documents have been approved, you will receive an email with instructions to download your permit from the "Approved" Folder in ProjectDox. Print your permit card.