If you do not have the number involved, please contact the Planning Department at 305.416.1400 or the Office of Zoning at 305.416.1499.
An appeal can only be filed when a final decision has been posted on the City's website. You may check for a final decision here.
NOTE: If a finalized Planning Director Determination has not been posted and you would like more information, please contact the Planning Department at 305.416.1400.
NOTE: If a Certificate of Use has not been issued or a Zoning Interpretation has not been posted and you would like more information, please contact the Office of Zoning at 305.416.1499.
Once a finalized decision has been posted, an appeal can be filed with the Hearing Boards Division in-person or online through this webpage within 15 calendar days of the posting date.
NOTE: If the 15th calendar day appeal period has closed, an appeal of the decision cannot be filed. If the 15th day falls on a weekend or on a City holiday, the last day to appeal will then be extended to the following business day.
To appeal you will need:
- Appeal Letter - Your appeal letter must indicate the decision that you are appealing, and must include any other required information pursuant to the Code of the City of Miami, Florida, as amended ("Code")
- Proof of Lobbyist Registration- If you are a lobbyist, please provide a copy of your lobbyist registration. If you do not have a copy, or have not yet registered, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 305.250.5360.
- Corporate Resolution from Board of Directors providing authority to submit the appeal on behalf of the organization, if you are representing an organization
- Other pertinent documents- Provide any other pertinent document that you would like to make a part of your appeal, such as Disclosure to Support or Withhold Objection(PDF, 139KB) , Power of Attorney, etc.
If you are filing an appeal as the original applicant of an aggrieved party, you will need to pay:
We strongly recommend that you contact Hearing Boards no later than 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday, we are closed on holidays, at HearingBoardDL@miamigov.com to obtain your appeal invoice. You will receive an invoice the same day, which you can pay and then continue with your appeal submission. Your invoice must be paid in full prior to the acceptance of your appeal.
NOTE: The online system will not accept an appeal submission until your invoice has been paid.
- Invoices can be paid online here utilizing the "Transaction ID" # from your invoice (select payments, dropdown menu "Financial Transaction ID").
- You can also pay your invoice in person at the Cashier's Office located at: 444 SW 2nd Avenue, 4th Floor, Miami, Florida 33130. The Cashier's Office is open Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, except on holidays.
IMPORTANT: Appeal fees are non-refundable.
Appeals must be filed with the Hearing Boards Division either in-person (at the below address) or online using our below form. Reminder: The online system will not accept an appeal submission until your invoice has been paid.
Submit Appeal Online
Miami Riverside Center
444 SW 2nd Avenue, 3rd Floor
Miami, Florida 33130
TIP: Appeals are accepted Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, we are closed on weekends and holidays. Appointments are appreciated but are not necessary. Please contact Hearing Boards staff at HearingBoardDL@miamigov.com if you wish to make an appointment.
Assuming all of your documents are in order and you have paid your fee(s), you will be notified via email about your hearing date within two (2) business days.
NOTE on the Importance of Completed Files: Only a complete, timely filed, and fully paid appeal will be accepted. In-person appeals will be time-stamped and initialed by the Division of Hearing Boards. Only withdrawal letters shall be accepted outside of an appeal period. The appeal will be scheduled to be heard at the next available Planning, Zoning and Appeals Board; a tentative meeting date will be provided by Hearing Boards staff via email within two (2) business days after filing.