Contact Zoning or NET
Contact a Zoning or Neighborhood Enhancement Team (NET) representative to discuss the proposed banner and related event so that he/she can help you with the application and the required documents. The application fee is non-refundable.
NOTE: The completed application must be submitted at least 30 days prior to installation of the banner.
Complete Application + Letters to Neighbors
Complete the Temporary Banner Application(PDF, 242KB). Only completed and paid applications will be reviewed by the Departments. To ensure that the application is complete, the following items are required:
- Enter all the information on the applicant portion of the application.
- Sign and notarize the application and the Indemnification/Hold Harmless Affidavit.
- Specify on the Temporary Banner Permit notification letter the event, date, time, and nature of the application.
- Mail notification letters. The Temporary Banner Permit requires that the applicant notifies the following:
- The adjacent property owner(s)
- The District Commissioner
- Registered associations of the area. (See how to gather list, below).
- Attach the original certified mail receipts and copies of the notification letter that you mailed to your application when you bring it in.
How to Find & Send Notification Letters
The fees are based on the banner size.
100 square feet in size or less: $153.50
101 square feet to 1,000 square feet: $303.50
1,001 square feet to 2,000 square feet: $503.50
2,001 square feet to 3,000 square feet: $603.50
3,001 square feet to 4,000 square feet: $703.50
4,001 square feet to 5,000 square feet: $803.50
NOTE: Temporary Banners larger than 5,000 square feet are prohibited.
Submit the Temporary Banner Permit application and payment to your local NET Office. The NET Office will accept the payment, issue a receipt number, and process the application for you.
NOTE: City Departments (such as Zoning) will not accept applications directly from applicants.
Once the completed application is reviewed by all appropriate departments, it will be submitted to the Office of Zoning for final approval. Your NET office will contact you to pick up the permit or the permit can be e-mailed to you upon final approval.
Remove Temporary Banner
Remember, these permits can be given only once a year per location; and the signage can not be up for more than 30 days. Be sure to remove your banner.