View Building Department Directory
The Building Department will continue to review and process building permits. Customer may contact ePlanBuilding@miamigov.com or dial (305) 416-1605 for additional information.
- Electronic Plan Review (ePlan) will continue uninterrupted during COVID-19.
- Legacy Plans, that were being processed, and at time of closure were in possession of the City, were sent for scanning and are now under ePlan review. If you have a legacy project that you would like to drop off for digitization, we have coordinated a service with Blue Digital, scanning vendor. Customer may contact ePlanBuilding@miamigov.comor dial (305) 416-1605 for additional information.
View Blue Digital Directions(PDF, 721KB)
- View/Claim legacy projects that have been scanned and created in ProjectDox. If you have not been added to a project, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Claim/Legacy Projects
Building Department Consultations:
The Building Department will continue to provide remote consultations with Permit Applicants, Design Professionals and Plans Expediters to discuss Plans Review and Inspection Comments. Contacts can be made via the Building Department Directory.
Unsafe Structures Services:
The City of Miami Building Department will be temporarily amending its permitting services as follows:
- 40- and 50-Year Recertification Reports submittal deadline will be extended from April 30th, 2020 to November 30th, 2020.
- The Building Department will not automatically generate violations on delinquent 40- and 50-Year recertification properties until after December 1st, 2020.
- The City of Miami Unsafe Structures will continue processing 40- and 50-Year Recertification report submitted in PDF format to Rosa Bermudez at email@example.com. Unless the report is electronically signed and sealed, the original copy shall be mailed to the Unsafe Structures Section 444 SW 2 Av. 4thfloor Miami Florida, 33130.
- All pages of the report must contain the signature and seal of the architect or engineer of Record, except for electronically signed and sealed reports.
- Email must include contact information and email address of person to send the processing fee invoice for payment.
- For questions regarding the 40- and 50-year recertifications, please contact Rosa Bermudez at firstname.lastname@example.org call 786-774-0799.
- All work associated with the 40- and 50-year recertifications must be conducted in strict compliance with the COVID-19 Emergency Orders.
Permit Counter Services:
Permit Counter requests shall be submitted to ePlanBuilding@miamigov.com. Customers will be contacted by a Building Department staff member to complete their transaction. Customers may also dial (305) 416-1605 for additional information. All of the following services will be conducted via e-mail:
- Issue New Legacy Process Number for Additional Legacy Plans
- Process Legacy Plan Revisions
- Revision Requests
- Complete Revisions
- Phase Permit Requests
- New Contractor Registration
- Change of Contractor
- Add/Update Contractor and Subcontractor
- Change of Architect / Engineer
- Plan Reactivation Request
- Completion Permit Request (Expired Permits)
- Fee Credit Request
- City Project Fee Waiver
Microfilm requests shall be submitted via e-mail to BuildingRecords@miamigov.com. Customers will be provided an Invoice / Transaction ID # via e-mail, and upon payment, the microfilm records will be released via e-mail. Customers may also dial (305) 416-1140 for additional information.