Standard Naming Convention for Drawings & Documents
The City of Miami has issued a standard naming convention for all types of files that will be uploaded into our new Electronic Planning System (ePlan), including drawings or plans and documents.
NOTE: You must leave blank space for a City 'Batch' Stamp.
For drawings & plans to be approved, the City of Miami adds a seal (or stamp) to the upper-right corner of each page within the plan. (This does not refer to text documents such as LOI, applications, notification letters, etc). Please ensure that you leave the upper-right corner blank (empty), per the below sizes:
- 8.5 x 11 plan requires a 2x2 blank (empty) area
- 11 x 17 plan requires a 3x3 blank (empty) area
- 24 x 36 plan requires a 4.5 x 4.5 (empty) area
NOTE: This will be enforced on all new drawings as of 3/31/19.
Instructions for naming drawings/plans:
- Each drawing page shall be uploaded as a separate file. (i.e. If there at 20 pages that makes up your MEP drawings, each page should be named and uploaded individually).
- Each page of your drawing must be named individually and must following a naming convention of “Discipline-Sheet Type-Sheet Number-Sheet Description” (i.e. G001 Cover Sheet or A200 Elevations).
- To view instructions on naming drawings/plans, click here(PDF, 392KB) .
Instructions for naming all other documents:
- Other documents must be uploaded as separate files, but can be multiple pages per file.
NOTE: Your application will not be accepted if you do not follow the standard naming convention for your files.