Standard Naming Convention for Drawings & Documents
The City of Miami has issued a standard naming convention for all types of files that will be uploaded into our new Electronic Planning System (ePlan), including drawings or plans and documents. This will be enforced on all new drawings as of 3/31/19.
NOTE: You must leave blank space for a City 'Batch' Stamp.
For drawings & plans to be approved, the City of Miami adds a seal (or stamp) to the upper-right corner of each page within the plan. (This does not refer to text documents such as LOI, applications, notification letters, etc). Please ensure that you leave the upper-right corner blank (empty), per the below sizes:
- 8.5 x 11 plan requires a 2x2 blank (empty) area
- 11 x 17 plan requires a 3x3 blank (empty) area
- 24 x 36 plan requires a 4.5 x 4.5 (empty) area
View Instructions for Naming Drawings & Documents(PDF, 215KB)
- Each drawing page shall be uploaded as a separate file. (i.e. If there at 20 pages that makes up your MEP drawings, each page should be named and uploaded individually).
- Other documents must be uploaded as separate files, but can be multiple pages per file.
NOTE: Your application will not be accepted if you do not follow the standard naming convention for your files.