First-Time Homebuyer Program Checklist
For the First-Time Homeowner Program certain documents are gathered by the applicant while other documents are gathered by the lender.
NOTE: All documents must be sent together as one package. Applicant provides their portion to the lender, then the lender provides the full package to the City.
Failure to submit a complete file will result in delays or rejection of the file. If you have any questions regarding any of the documents listed, please call our offices at 305- 416-2149.
Documents to be Provided by Applicant
- Application for Homebuyer Assistance.
- Proof of income: pay stubs (last 60 days), social security award letter, pension statement, etc.
- Verification of applicant’s funds available for minimum down payment contribution.
- Income Tax returns for the past two (2) years.
- Bank statements for the last six (6) months.
- Rent verification (canceled rental payment checks or letter from landlord).
- Sales contract.
- Certificate of Completion: Homebuyer Counseling Workshop.
- Copy of Social Security card for all adult (18 years and older) household members.
- Copy of State issued ID cards or Birth Certificates for all members of the household.
Documents to be Provided by Lender
- Registration Letter
- Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA 1003) properly signed by the applicant(s).
- Uniform Underwriting and Transmittal Summary (form 1008).
- Good Faith estimate and Truth in Lending forms (signed).
- Credit report.
- Verification of Employment (VOE) - required.
- Affordability Study
- Commitment letter from all other lenders.
- Copy of property appraisal.
- Subordinate Commitment Letters to be received within 30 days of the City’s Conditional Approval.