e. Fee for work started without permits: When work is commenced prior to obtaining a required permit, a fee of two times that specified in this section, plus a $110.00 fine shall be paid. The payment of such fees shall not relieve any person, firm, or corporation from fully complying with all of the requirements of all applicable regulations and codes, nor shall it relieve them from being subject to any of the penalties therein. The fee requirement shall be applicable to all trade divisions of the building department.
f. The building department will modify the permit fee calculation using the Engineering News Record- Building Cost Index (ENR-BCI) published each January. A credit will be applied to the total cost of the building permit fee using the ENR-BCI should the ENR-BCI increase.
(2) Surcharges. For all permits issued, the building department will collect the following surcharges for the State of Florida, Miami-Dade County and other city departments:
a. State of Florida surcharges.
1. State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
2. State of Florida Building Code Administrators and Inspectors (BCAI).
b. Miami-Dade County Code compliance surcharges.
c. City solid waste surcharge.
1. Residential. $0.22 per $100.00 of the estimated cost of construction with a minimum fee of $26.00 and a maximum fee of $600.00.
2. Commercial. Permits for all building a surcharge of two and one-half percent of the cost of construction with a minimum of $57.00 and a maximum of $10,500.00.
3. Exemptions. The following are exempt from this surcharge: signs, landscaping, elevators, revisions, subsidiary permits, roofing, awning, windows and doors, shed, flooring, driveways, and any affordable housing permit that the city director of community development exempts in writing prior to the issuance of the permit.
d. City energy conservation surcharge.
1. This charge encompasses energy conservation plan review and field inspections for such energy conservation.
2. For each square foot of new construction or an addition, $0.11.
(3) Miscellaneous permits and inspections fees.
a. Private provider fee. When a property owner uses the services of a licensed private company for plan review and inspections services (a private provider under F.S. § 553.791), the fee will be assessed as a regular building permit with a credit of one-third of the original building/trade permit fee line. If only the plan review or the inspections are done by the private provider, then the fee will be one-half of the one-third credit stipulated above.
b. Dry run/upfront fees. At the time of issuance of the permit application process number assigned by the building department, the projects will be charged $2.80 per $1,000.00 of the estimated construction value. Eighty percent of the total collected amount for this item, will be credited towards the building permit fee line when issued. No credit will be issued if there is no issuance of a permit, a substantial design is submitted, or the permit is not issued after 180 days of the last review. Dry run and upfront fees are not refundable, however they will be fully credited towards the cost of the building permit.
c. Joint plan reviews. Each meeting with city staff, $276.00.
d. Revision of plans and re-works. Revision of plans (per discipline) and reworks, after the second review, $56.00.
e. 40/50 year recertification. Recertification of buildings are required pursuant to the requirements of the Miami-Dade County Board of Rules and Appeals (BORA) standing order, and Miami- Dade County Code Chapter 8. Recertification review for compliance with 40/50 year recertification, $276.00 fee. Any extension request by the owner of a property after receipt of a notification letter from the city that the property must prove they are in compliance with the 40/50 year recertification will be assessed a $500.00 for each additional three-month extension, with a maximum of two possible extensions after the original notification letter.
f. Permit by affidavit, and legalization of existing structures. The permits issued by affidavit and legalizations of structures built without permits before the year 2002, will be charged a fee of $250.00, in addition to any other applicable enforcement fee, building and trade permit fee. For those structures built after 2002, they will be charged with a double permit fee and fine where applicable using subsection 10-4(b)(1) above.
g. Annual facility permit fee. These permits will be issued with a two percent fee based on the intended annual work schedule cost per building or trade.