This is a specific type of permit for an event held on private property. You may only request and receive a TEP twice a year for up to 14 consecutive days on a single property. If the event is taking place on City-owned property, the property is limited to ten events per year, for fourteen consecutive days each.
NOTE: In order for our office to review your application, we need the following required documents. Please be advised that if you do not provide these documents, the process can not commence.
- Site Plan (drawn to scale, in a digital format, must include floor plan for indoor spaces), showing property boundaries with event name, address, date and time printed on all plan page. If serving and/or selling alcohol, please identify where. NOTE: You must reserve the top right hand corner of each page w/a 3x3 space for the City’s batch stamp.
- Parking plan.
- Life Safety Plan (showing entrance and exit points, occupancy, lighting set-up & specifications, fire extinguishers, a security plan, etc.)
- The City of Miami COVID-19 special event safety plan and set up. View COVID Guidelines. (These protocols must be drawn into your LSP, i.e. the distance between each person on the floor, where the lavatories are, the check-in point, etc.)
You will also be asked the following:
- Address of the event, nature of event, description of event (including but not limited to: cost of admission, inventory value, number of seats, number of employees), date & time of event, property owner.
- A lease agreement or letter of consent from the property owner (if you are not the owner).
- You will need to complete and upload the following:
NOTE: Site plans must show the dimensions of the lot and specify the entrances and exits including the dimension (measurements) of the gate. If using tents, you must show there placement, location of portable toilets, trash receptacles, location of all tables and chairs should be specified and the names of all surrounding streets.
NOTE: Floor plans must show the square footage of the location being used, the entrances and exits including dimension (size) & emergency exits, location of fire extinguishers, location of stairs (if any), locations of bathrooms, location of all tables and chairs should be specified and the names of surrounding streets.
After your application:
- BTR must be provided if/when admission is charged or sales are conducted.
- Copy of active Liquor License must be provided if serving or selling alcohol.
- If you plan to erect a tent larger than 10x10, you will have to get a fire safety permit & Building permit.
- Apply for Building permits, if applicable.
- Proof of notification letters (see below, this is not part of your original application, but will be an additional document ).
The fee for this permit is $253.50 if submitted 30 days or more prior to the event. If submitted within less than 30 days of the event, the fee is $507.00 (double fee). Please be advised that this is not an expediting fee, this is a late submittal penalty fee.
- You can now apply for your TEP online. You will need to upload copies of the documents listed above.
Complete TEP Application Online
Prepare Notification Letters
- Wait to hear from us. We will walk you through this process via email after we pre-screen your application.
You will be sent an invoice which you can pay online.
NOTE: Your application will not be fully processed until you have paid your invoice.
Respond to Notes from The City
- The City will create a project in ProjectDox and invite you into the project, via email. If you've never used ePlan/ProjectDox before, you'll have to create an account.
- The City departments will review your application, and request additional information or corrections, as needed.
- New/corrected documents should be uploaded directly into ePlan/ProjectDox.
- Once all departments have approved, you will receive an "all approved documents" via an email.
Once you've been approved, you will be provided with a permit.