This Temporary Event Permit (TEP) is only for the use of COVID testing and/or vaccine sites. No other business may be conducted on-site. Please review the city ordinance that was passed in regards to this type of application before applying. Additionally, you must adhere to the following:
- NOISE ORDINANCE: All events need to abide by the Noise Ordinance as per Chapter 36 of the City of Miami Code.
- BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT: BTR is required, as per Chapter 32 of the City of Miami Code, of all for-profit Business/Entities, prior to initiating any Business activity in the City of Miami.
- NOTIFICATION. Notice required by applicant to adjacent property owners. At the time of initial application, the applicant shall notify all abutting property owners, including those abutting across the street or alley, in an approved city form. In the case of adjacent condominiums, only one notice to the condominium association will be sent.
Collect the Necessary Documents
NOTE: In order for our office to review your application, we need the following required documents. Please be advised that if you do not provide these documents, the process can not commence.
- Site Plan (drawn to scale, in a digital format, must include floor plan for indoor spaces), showing property boundaries with event name, address, date and time printed on all plan page. NOTE: You must reserve the top right hand corner of each page w/a 3x3 space for the City’s batch stamp.
- Parking plan.
- Life Safety Plan (showing entrance and exit points, occupancy, lighting set-up & specifications, fire extinguishers, a security plan, etc.)
- Address of the event, nature of event, description of event (including but not limited to: cost of admission, inventory value, number of seats, number of employees), date & time of event, property owner.
- A lease agreement or letter of consent from the property owner (if you are not the owner).
- Business Tax Receipt: You must have a City of Miami BTR unless your business qualifies for an exemption under Section 31-51 of the City Code (non-profit) in which case you must provide proof thereof (a copy of your 501(c)3).
- You will need to complete and upload the following:
NOTE: Site plans must show the dimensions of the lot and specify the entrances and exits including the dimension (measurements) of the gate. If using tents, you must show there placement, location of portable toilets, trash receptacles, location of all tables and chairs should be specified and the names of all surrounding streets.
NOTE: Floor plans must show the square footage of the location being used, the entrances and exits including dimension (size) & emergency exits, location of fire extinguishers, location of stairs (if any), locations of bathrooms, location of all tables and chairs should be specified and the names of surrounding streets.
- If you plan to erect a tent larger than 10x10, you will have to get a fire safety permit & Building permit.
- You must apply for Building permits, if applicable.
- You will need proof of notification letters to neighbors (see below, this is not part of your original application, but will be an additional document ).
The fee for this permit is $253.50 if submitted 30 days or more prior to the event. If submitted within less than 30 days of the event, the fee is $507.00 (double fee). Please be advised that this is not an expediting fee, this is a late submittal penalty fee.
Apply for your Permit
Complete Special TEP Application
Prepare Notification Letters
- Wait to hear from us. We will walk you through this process via email after we pre-screen your application.
You will be sent an invoice which you can pay online.
NOTE: Your application will not be fully processed until you have paid your invoice.
Respond to Notes from The City
- The City will create a project in ProjectDox and invite you into the project, via email. If you've never used ePlan/ProjectDox before, you'll have to create an account.
- The City departments will review your application, and request additional information or corrections, as needed.
- New/corrected documents should be uploaded directly into ePlan/ProjectDox.
- Once all departments have approved, you will receive an "all approved documents" via an email.
Once you've been approved, you will be provided with a permit.