Solid Waste Services to Continue on Updated Schedule
Published on March 17, 2020
(Miami, FL March 17, 2020) - In order to effectively maintain essential sanitation services while managing COVID-19 impacts, the City of Miami Department of Solid Waste will implement the following changes to its garbage, recycling and bulky trash services, effective Friday, March 20th, 2020.
- Residential garbage collection will continue on a regular schedule – twice weekly.
- Residential recycling collection will be suspended until further notice. All recyclable materials should be placed inside the green garbage cart for collection. All materials (garbage and recycling) will be converted into electricity at the Miami-Dade County Resource Recovery Center.
- Bulky trash collection will transition from weekly service to service every other week. Pickup for (A) routes will take place on your designated day the first and third week of the month. Pickup for (B) routes will take place on your designated day the second and fourth week of the month.
The following bulky trash routes will be serviced as follows:
- Monday A - East of I-95 ｜Monday B – West of I-95
- Tuesday A – East of NW 12 Ave. ｜Tuesday B – West of NW 12 Ave.
- Wednesday A – East of SW/NW 47th Ave. ｜Wednesday B – West of SW/NW 47th Ave.
- Thursday A – East of SW 22th Ave. ｜ Thursday B – West of SW 22thAve.
- Friday A – East of SW 22nd Ave. ｜ Friday B – West of SW 22nd Ave.
Please see bulky trash map below for more information.
The mini dump facility for bulky waste will remain open Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: 1290 NW 20th St. Additionally, dead animal removal services and street litter container collection will continue on a regular basis while street sweeping services will continue on a reduced schedule.
For more information regarding City of Miami Department of Solid Waste services, please contact customer service at 305-960-2801, call 3-1-1 or visit www.miamizerowaste.com. For all updates regarding COVID-19 in the City of Miami, please visit www.miamigov.com/coronavirus.