Miami Restaurants Approved to Reopen to Dine-In Customers
Published on May 27, 2020
Beginning today, May 27, restaurants in the City of Miami are permitted to reopen to dine-in customers, with a number of strict health safety rules in effect. Among other rules, restaurant capacity will be capped at 50% of maximum approved occupancy and masks and social distancing rules will be in full effect. The move is part of Phase I of the City’s Stand Up, Miami phased reactivation plan, which was initiated last week, when several categories of non-essential businesses and a limited number of City parks reopened.
“Restaurants are a big part of our local economy, directly employing thousands of Miamians, and we are ready to begin carefully reopening them to dine-in customers,” said Miami Mayor Francis Suarez. “To that end, there are number of rules in place to help safeguard both restaurant employees and customers and limit the continued spread of COVID-19, which is still present in our community. I’m calling on all Miamians to do their part to follow these rules and keep each other safe.”
Dine-In Restaurant Rules
Following is an overview of the primary rules that all restaurants – and diners – must abide by for dine-in service. These rules will remain in effect until further notice and will be strictly enforced by the City of Miami.
- Restaurant capacity is capped at 50% of maximum approved occupancy
- Diners must wait outside or in their car until called by host for seating
- Facemasks are required at all times, unless seated at table
- Social distancing rules are in effect at all times inside and outside, unless seated at table
- No parties larger than four allowed, except household parties which are capped at six
- Restaurant bars remain closed
- Valet parking service is prohibited
To review the full list of dine-in restaurant rules, please click here. For more information about the Stand Up, Miami phased reactivation plan, please visit www.miamigov.com/reopening. See documents below to view the full emergency order and notice regarding restaurants reopening.
Restaurants Approved to Reopen for Dine-In Service(PDF, 2MB)