Free Tax Preparation Services
Published on January 30, 2020
The City of Miami has many convenient City-sponsored locations offering free tax preparation assistance as part of this year’s campaign. These services are provided through April 15th.
Employees or residents wishing to file their tax returns at these sites can learn if they qualify to receive a federal income tax refund of up to $6,557 via the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and up to an additional $2,000 per child via the Child Tax Credit (CTC). In addition to free tax preparation, all City of Miami sites are able to provide electronic filing to provide a quicker turn around. Partner sites will be using the FREE Tax Alliance (https://freefilealliance.org/) a nonprofit coalition of industry-leading tax software companies who have partnered with the IRS to help millions of Americans prepare and e-file their federal tax returns for free. You can call 311 for operational hours at each location.
Our IRS partnered sites (4) are appropriate for household incomes that do not exceed $56,000. Call 311 for times and locations where these services are offered or visit the Department of Human Services at: https://www.miamigov.com/Government/Departments-Organizations/ Human-Services/ACCESS-Miami
IRS Partnered Sites:
- Robert King High Park: 7025 W. Flagler St., Miami, FL 33144
- Moore Park (Community Center): 765 NW 36th St., Miami, FL 33127
- Jose Marti Park (Recreational Center): 362 SW 4 St., Miami, FL 33130
- Grapeland Heights Park (Community Center): 1550 NW 37th Ave, Miami, FL 33125
What to bring to your tax preparation site:
• A Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member
• Valid picture ID (driver’s license, state ID, Passport, Matricula Consular, etc.)
• W-2 1099 forms for all jobs worked the previous year • All 1099 forms for other income, if any
• Child care provider name, address, and Tax ID
• Any other tax-related documents you have received
• Voided bank check for automatic deposit
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• All adults on your return need to be present The City of Miami is once again joining forces with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and its own NET Offices and community partners to assist employees and residents with their income tax preparation.
Click HERE(PDF, 2MB) for a complete list of all Tax Preparation Sites in the City of Miami!