City Temporarily Amends Unsafe Structure Services
Published on April 06, 2020
Effective immediately, and consistent with the City of Miami's Emergency Declaration related to COVID-19, the City of Miami Building Department will be temporarily amending its permitting services as follows:
- 40- and 50-Year Recertification Reports submittal deadline will be extended from April 30th, 2020 to November 30th, 2020.
- The Building Department will not automatically generate violations on delinquent 40- and 50-Year recertification properties until after December 1st, 2020.
- The City of Miami Unsafe Structures will continue processing 40- and 50-Year Recertification report submitted in PDF format to Rosa Bermudez firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless the report is electronically signed and sealed, the original copy shall be mailed to the Unsafe Structures Section 444 SW 2 Av. 4th floor Miami Florida, 33130.
- All pages of the report must contain the signature and seal of the architect or engineer of Record, except for electronically signed and sealed reports.
- Email must include contact information and email address of person to send the processing fee invoice for payment.
- For questions regarding the 40- and 50-year recertifications, please contact Rosa Bermudez at email@example.com or call 786-774-0799.
- All work associated with the 40- and 50-year recertifications must be conducted in strict compliance with the COVID-19 Emergency Orders.
For updates on the City of Miami’s ongoing response to COVID-19 coronavirus, please visit www.miamigov.com/coronavirus.