Building Dept Makes Permit Process Changes to Limit In-Person Visits
Published on March 19, 2020
(Miami, FL March 19, 2020) - Effective today, and in an effort to drastically reduce the need for customers to make in-person visits to the Building Department, the City of Miami is temporarily amending its permitting processes and services. The changes include shifting in-person permit counter consultations to e-mail based consultations, as well as adding secure, easily accessible document drop boxes at the City's main administrative building to eliminate the need for person-to-person exchanges.
These temporary changes are in keeping with the City's ongoing response to COVID-19 and reinforce social distancing practices, without reducing levels of service. Details follow below:
Legacy Plans Drop-Off:
- Legacy Plans Drop will be conducted daily at the MRC Ground Floor Lobby. The Building Department will be providing a Drop Off Bin for these services. Customers may also dial (305) 416-2571 for additional information.
Legacy Plans Pick-Up:
- Legacy Plans Pick Up will be conducted Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only at the MRC Ground Floor Lobby. Customers will be required to submit their plan pick-up request 24 hours in advance to the following e-mail addresses: AOsorio@miamigov.com / RConcepcion@miamigov.com / email@example.com. Customers may also dial (305) 416-2571 for additional information.
- Permit Counter requests shall be submitted to ePlanBuilding@miamigov.com. Customers will be contacted by a Building Department staff member to complete their transaction. Customers may also dial (305) 416-1605 for additional information. All of the following services will be conducted via e-mail:
- Issue New Legacy Process Number for Additional Legacy Plans
- Process Legacy Plan Revisions
- Revision Requests
- Complete Revisions
- Phase Permit Requests
- New Contractor Registration
- Change of Contractor
- Add/Update Contractor and Subcontractor
- Change of Architect / Engineer
- Plan Reactivation Request
- Completion Permit Request (Expired Permits)
- Fee Credit Request
- City Project Fee Waiver
- Microfilm requests shall be submitted via e-mail to BuildingRecords@miamigov.com. Customers will be provided an Invoice / Transaction ID # via e-mail, and upon payment, the microfilm records will be released via e-mail. Customers may also dial (305) 416-1140 for additional information.