Register Vacant or Abandoned Structure or Lot

Do you need to register a privately owned, empty lot or a vacant, blighted, unsecured or abandoned structure to avoid a fine? The City requires that these types of structures are registered with us in order to keep everyone safe.


Collect the Required Information

  • Property address & folio # (if you do not know folio number, you can find that here).

NOTE: If the folio # does not begin with "-01", the property is not in The City of Miami and must be addressed with the local township. 

  • Owner's name and contact information.
  • Agent/manager's name and contact number.
  • Type of structure (residential or commercial).
  • Access to a notary.

Complete the Application

You will need to print, fill out, and notarize the application. (PDF, 94KB)

Print Application(PDF, 94KB)

Complete No-Trespassing Affidavit

You will need to print, fill out and notarize the affidavit.

Print Affidavit(PDF, 26KB) 

Bring in or e-Mail your Forms

Bring your completed and notarized forms to Miami Riverside Center - 444 SW 2nd Ave, 10th Floor. Attn: Michelle Varas, Human Services.

You may also e-mail a digital copy of your forms.
Digital copies should be sent to: Subject Line: Abandoned/Vacant Lot.   

Install No Trespassing Sign

Once you've submitted your forms, you'll need to install a No Trespassing sign on the property (this can be any sign purchased any where).

Update the Information Annually

Once your property is registered, the owner/agent is responsible to annually update and advise The City of any changes to said property. Email with any changes.