Armbrister Park New Community Center Design Plans
A Virtual Community Meeting was held on Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
Park Location: 4000 Grand Avenue Miami, FL 33133
Click here(PDF, 2MB) to view the project plans
District 2 Commissioner Ken Russell, the Department of Parks and Recreation
and the Office of Capital Improvements proudly announce
the Armbrister Park New Community Center Improvements project!
This project consists of the demolition of the existing community center building
and the construction of a new two (2)-story facility of approximately 10,000 square feet,
and an outdoor pavilion at the Esther Mae Armbrister Park.
New community center elements include:
- One (1) administration office
- Entrance reception area
- Warming kitchen/Food prep room
- Multi-purpose room
- Workrooms, including an art workroom that includes a sink
- Elevator access to the second floor
- Restrooms at both levels. First level restrooms will have access from the building exterior
- Information Technology (“IT”) room with laptop charging stations
- Sport equipment storage (with exterior access)
- Security alarm, lightning detection, and security cameras
- Three (3) Individual Classrooms
- Interior Storage to accommodate tables, chairs, and recreation supplies
- Outdoor pavilion
- Landscaping and irrigation
- Electrical power generator
- Art in Public Places component
Provide your feedback about this project here
To request additional information, please e-mail us at: AskOCI@miamigov.com , or call OCI at (305) 416-1280.