Public Notice - Virtual Public Hearing 04-23-2020
VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING
Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:00 A.M.
Federal regulations governing CDBG and other HUD programs require that a participating jurisdiction provide citizens with reasonable notice of and an opportunity to comment on any new allocation and/ or amendment of HUD programs. In addition, the public is advised of the proposed new allocation(s)/ amendment(s) to the funding of the City program(s) as indicated below: * †
1. Discuss and propose a resolution approving the City of Miami’s (City) five (5) year Public Housing Agency (PHA) plan for FY2020-2024, and the Administrative Plan in connection with the implementation and administration of the City’s Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher and Moderate Rehabilitation Programs; authorizing the City Manager to submit the five (5) year PHA plan, for review and approval to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the City’s continued participation in said program.
2. Discuss and propose a resolution approving the “Business Continuity Micro-Enterprise Assistance Program” guidelines to assist eligible micro businesses in the City of Miami, in response to economic strain, as a result of COVID-19.
3. Discuss and propose a resolution approving the “Small Business Emergency Loan Assistance Program” guidelines to assist eligible business in the City of Miami in response to economic challenges, as a result of COVID-19.
4. Discuss and propose a resolution authorizing the acceptance of US. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) special grant funds in the total amount of $6,598,623 for the following entitlement programs in the following amounts: (1) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) $3,281,526; (2) Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG-CV) $1,633,034; and (3) Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA-CV) $1,684,063, for FY2019 and FY2020, for eligible activities under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Securities Act (CARES).
5. Discuss and propose a resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter in to contract with the organizations on the chart below for the provision of “Emergency Technical Assistance to For-Profit Small Businesses” in the City of Miami to enable then to apply for all programs available to small business owners under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Securities Act (CARES) and Small Business Administration (SBA) programs.
| Catalyst Miami, Inc.
| Hispanic Business Initiative Fund Nationwide, Inc. a/k/a Prospera
| The Allapattah Collaborative Community Development Corp.
| Total Allocation:
* The adoption of an Ordinance or Resolution by City Commission, related to the proposed funding recommendation(s)/ amendment(s), authorizes the City Manager to draft/amend the appropriate City of Miami Consolidated/Action Plan.
† This item(s) will be available for public comment and review for a period of no less than 5 days. The review and comment period begin, Friday, April 17, 2020 and ends Wednesday, April 22, 2020. The proposed funding recommendation(s)/ amendment(s) will be presented to City Commission for approval on Thursday, April 23, 2020 (Virtual Public Hearing) as authorized by HUD. All VPHs will be held on an ADA compliant web-based platform. Comments may be submitted at the day of the VPH or in writing via email during the public comment period at email@example.com. To access the VPH, please go to: https://www.miamigov.com/Government/Instructions-for-Virtual-Commission-Meeting