Public Notice - Virtual Public Hearing 09-10-2020 (Posted 09-04-2020)
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING
Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 9:00 A.M.
Federal regulations governing CDBG and other HUD programs require that a participating jurisdiction provide citizens with reasonable notice of and an opportunity to comment on any new allocation and/ or amendment of HUD programs. In addition, the public is advised of the new allocation(s)/ amendment(s) to the funding of the City program(s) as indicated below: * †
- Discuss and proposed resolution authorizing the acceptance of additional State Housing Initiatives Partnership (“SHIP”) funds in the amount of $106,826.00 for State fiscal year (“FY”) 2019-2020 funds, for the strategies under the current Ship Local Housing Assistance Plan (“LHAP”).
- Discuss and proposed resolution authorizing the acceptance of the second allocation of Emergency Solutions Grant (“ESG-CV2”) funds, in the amount of $6,132,699 for fiscal year 2019-20, to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), among individuals and families who are homeless, about to become homeless or receiving homeless assistance to mitigate the impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Discuss and proposed resolution amending the Florida State Housing Opportunities for Persons With Aids (“HOPWA”) funds allocation to increase the amount for housing case management and HQS inspection services for to Care Resource Community Health Centers, Inc., to $265,544.00 per year for a total funding of $531,088.00 for the 2 years.
- Discuss and proposed resolution authorizing the City Manager to accept the Miami-Dade County owned parcel of land located at NW 62 Street between NW 15 Avenue and NW 17 Avenue (Folio No. 01-3114-035-2035) (“Parcel”), pursuant to Miami-Dade County Resolution No. 1366-19, for a total amount not to exceed Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) plus closing costs; further authorizing, pursuant to Section 29-b (a) of the Charter of the City of Miami, Florida, as amended (“City Charter”), the conveyance of said parcel, with affordable/workforce rental housing restrictions, and automatic reverter provisions, to Residences at Dr. King Boulevard, Ltd., in the amount of Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500.00) plus closing costs, as part of the Residences at Dr. King Boulevard Development for the purpose of creating affordable/workforce rental housing, for eligible low to moderate and workforce income persons.
* The adoption of an Ordinance or Resolution by the City Commission, related to the proposed funding recommendation(s)/ amendment(s), authorizes the City Manager to draft/amend the appropriate City of Miami Action Plan.
† † This item(s) will be available for public comment and review for a period of no less than 5 days. The review and comment period begin, Friday, September 4, 2020 and ends Wednesday, September 9, 2020. The proposed funding recommendation(s)/ amendment(s) will be presented to City Commission for approval on Thursday, September 10, 2020 (Virtual Public Hearing) as authorized by HUD.
All VPHs will be held on an ADA compliant web-based platform. Comments may be submitted at the day of the VPH or in writing via email during the public comment period at email@example.com - To access the VPH, please go to: https://www.miamigov.com/Government/Instructions-for-Virtual-Commission-Meeting