Check Eligibility & Requirements
The AHC has various categories and designations. Before you apply, we suggest you review these guidelines to familiarize yourself with the various benefits of Affordable Housing.
Review Requirements for AHC
NOTE: This page also includes the notification requirements & resident preference requirements, by City ordinance.
Fill Out Pre-Application Form
- You must fill out a pre-application form for our staff to review. They will then advise you of any necessary corrections before you submit your final, signed AHC application.
- After completing this form, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ACH Application Form(PDF, 324KB)
Address Comments & Submit Final Application
- After submitting your pre-application, you will receive an email with necessary corrections.
- Address the corrections, then print and sign your application.
- Bring your final application with your original signature to The Department of Housing & Community Development (see contact info on this page) to have our staff and director review it.
NOTE: If you do not make the recommended changes, you will not receive approval and will have to start over.
Collect Approved Application
After submitting your signed application in-person, you will be informed (via email) when it has been officially approved, and the project has been certified as affordable.
Your approved application will serve as your certification.
- This email will also include the covenant template and impact fee deferral application.
- At this time, come to The Department of Housing & Community Development to retrieve your official AHC.
Submit Package to Zoning to Receive Benefits
You must submit your full package - including your official approved AHC, your completed covenant template and your impact fee deferral application to the Zoning Department at Miami Riverside Center (MRC) - 444 SW 2nd Ave, 2nd floor in order for your project to be designated for benefits.
TIP: We suggest you meet with a zoning specialist at this time to discuss your project.