Retail Business Reopenings
Open with Mandatory Requirements
Read details below.
Operating/Occupancy Rules for Commercial Retail Establishments & Small Businesses
All employees and visitors inside a commercial retail establishment and other small businesses must follow the physical distancing and facial covering guidelines as required by the Moving To A New Normal Guidelines and must be in compliance with the following requirements:
- Facial coverings or masks must be worn inside at all times.
- Limit the number of staff and customers present at any given time to a maximum of 50% of the occupancy load.
- Space out customer queues for fitting rooms and at cashiers with floor markers every 6 feet.
- Install hand sanitizing dispensers or make sanitizer available at entrances and in common areas.
- Ensure comprehensive cleaning of facilities must be performed each night and include thoroughly disinfecting all frequent touch points and emptying all trash receptacles using solid waste bags that are double-bagged and securely sealed.
- Posting CDC signage emphasizing measures to “Stop the Spread of Germs” and to exercise social responsibility.
- All personnel must be provided training in the operating protocols and modifications to existing Orders pertaining to COVID-19 issues including the general guidlines required in the New Normal Guidelines.
- Under no circumstances shall an employee or contractor who has tested positive report to work at an establishment until that employee is cleared by a medical professional as being COVID-19 free.