Gyms & Fitness Centers
Open with Restrictions
Read details below.
Under Amendment 2 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 23-20, gyms and fitness centers within City of Miami limits have been approved to reopen. Per Miami-Dade County order, gym patrons must wear facial coverings at all times when inside a facility. Gym owners/operators are strongly advised to review the specific Miami-Dade County rules and regulations for reopening gyms/fitness centers on page 88 of the document found here.
Wellness Group – Gymnasiums, Fitness Studios and Other Similar Facilities:
All employees and visitors inside a commercial gyms and fitness centers, including, but not limited to, dance studios, martial arts studios, yoga studios, spinning studios, personal training services, and similar establishments (collectively, "Wellness Facilities") must follow the physical distancing and facial covering guidelines as required by the New NormalGuidelines and must be in compliance with the following requirements:
- Facial coverings or masks must be worn by all staff and customers at all times.
- Limit the number of staff and customers present at any given time to a maximum of 50% of the occupancy load. In no event may the combined indoor and outdoor operation exceed 100% of the facility's legally permitted occupancy.
- Physical contact will be prohibited between any individual within a Wellness Facility unless individuals are members of the same household.
- Doors between separate fitness areas/rooms of a Wellness Facility (excluding emergency exits) must remain open to reduce surface touching by multiple people.
- Equipment stations for highly-strenuous or highly-aerobic activity must be appropriately distanced so that there is a head-to-head 6-feet distance between patrons at each exercise station. The excercise stations must be properly reconfigured to assure and maximize physical distance requirement.
- Social and physical distancing markers of 6 feet must be placed in front of the reception/membership desk and all other appropriate areas.
- Make readily available dispensers of a disinfectant included on the EPA List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 and provide customers with sufficient cleaning and disinfecting materials, including disposable wipes, at all entrances, exits and at various locations throughout the facility and by excercise stations.
- Personal hygiene signage (such as signs on how to stop the spread of COVID-19; properly washing hands; everyday protective measures; facial covering requirement; physical distancing requirements; and requirements for customers to clean and disinfect equipment after use) must be conspicuously posted at all entrances, exits, and at various locations throughout the Wellness Facility, including the bathroom facilities.
- Common-use amenities, including, but not limited to, saunas, steam rooms and locker rooms, showers (except pool showers), must remain closed.
- Discontinue providing towels, heart monitors, personal fitness mats, blocks, bolsters, or similar equipment to customers (they must bring their own personal use items).
- Staff must monitor the facility and ensure that all equipment and high-touch surfaces are appropriately disinfected after each use.
- All personnel must be provided training in the operating protocols and modifications to existing Orders pertaining to COVID-19 issues including the general guidelines required in the New Normal Guidelines.