Entertainment & Meeting Venues
- Per Miami-Dade County order, movie theaters, concert houses, convention spaces, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, and indoor amusement facilities are permitted to reopen at 50 percent capacity with health safety restrictions in place as of September 18, 2020.
- Casinos are allowed to re-open on Monday, August 31. Health safety restrictions remain in place.
- Tour boats are allowed to resume operations at 50% capacity, effective Monday, September 14.
Entertainment Venue Reopening Guidelines
Amendment No. 1 to Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 28-20 allows the opening of movie theaters, concert houses, convention spaces, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, and indoor amusement facilities at 50 percent capacity, effective September 18, 2020. All venues must strictly follow rules set in the County’s New Normal Guidebook. This amendment allows for indoor consumption of food and beverages within movie theaters, concert houses, convention spaces, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, casinos, and indoor amusement facilities, but only in designated areas. This amendment also allows for live performances, provided performers are no less than 10 feet from patrons at all times and such patrons observe such performances from tables or stationary seats.
Casinos Reopening Guidelines
Casinos are allowed to re-open on Monday, August 31, with limited capacity following the same New Normal rules previously followed, but adding the restriction that consumption of food and beverages can only happen in areas designated for eating. At the gaming tables and slot machines, there will be strict prohibition of food and drinks.
View County Reopening Guidelines
Banquet, Meeting and Convention Spaces
All employees and guests inside banquet halls, meeting halls, or convention spaces and similar establishments must follow the physical distancing and facial covering guidelines as required by the New Normal Guidelines and must be in compliance with the following requirements:
- The number of staff and guests present at any event shall be limited to a maximum of 50% of the venue's occupancy load.
- All venue seating shall comply with social and physical distancing to include a maximum of 6 persons per round table and be at least 6 feet apart from the back of one table’s chairs to another table’s chairs.
- No single event shall run for longer than 6 consecutive hours, nor have a decibel level above 90 at any given time.
- All event attendees shall wear a face-covering while on the premises, including when going to/from the restrooms or moving to other areas of the room (exception is when they are actually eating, while seated).
- No eating or drinking shall be permitted while standing other than a speaker by him/herself while giving a toast during a social event or by a person when behind a podium separated from other attendees during a business function (afterward the microphone shall be cleaned with a disinfectant).
- During social events, a dance floor may only be occupied by the requisite number of guests to provide for the approved social distancing spacing - supplemental dance floors are permitted if space allows, but also adhering to the same social distancing standards (members of the same household may dance together).
- Venues shall be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected utilizing approved EPA enlisted chemical in conjunction with an electrostatic sprayer. All high touch areas must be disinfected on the same day of any such event.
- During events, all silverware/glassware shall be disinfected via high-temperature cleaning and placed on tables (when applicable) no earlier than 2 hours prior to the scheduled event.
- Self-serve buffet-style food service will be suspended and replaced by alternative service styles; all food and beverages served shall be done by gloved and masked venue personnel.
- All water and coffee stations shall be eliminated, instead only bottled water and a set of designated venue staffers will pour coffee for event guests.
- For social events, a Plexiglas barrier shall be established to surround the DJ or the band; entertainers must maintain a 10 foot distance from guests at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations shall be present in the four corners of the dance floor. Venue to work with DJ or band to eliminate line dancing to reduce large group gatherings and ensure social and physical distance.
- All personnel must be provided training in the operating protocols and modifications to existing Orders pertaining to COVID-19 issues including the general guidelines required in the New Normal Guidelines.