Retail Business Reopenings
Retail Businesses: Limited Reopening on May 20
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times while in retail establishments.
- Hand sanitizing dispensers or sanitizer shall be available at entrances and in common areas.
- Customer queues at cashiers shall be spaced out with floor markers (every 6 ft).
- Fitting rooms shall remain closed.
- Occupancy load shall be limited to 50 percent of mall/store occupancy (ie. square footage of store divided by 60).
- Ensure there is single point of entrance (exits shall not be locked or obstructed).
- Signs shall be placed outside and inside elevators to limit capacity to 4 passengers, with visual markers for passengers to stand on.
- Merchandise, particularly clothing, must be cleaned prior to being handled by customers and returned to shelves or display racks.
- Cart and basket handles shall be sanitized between uses.
- Car valet services are prohibited.
- One-way circulation paths inside stores shall be marked with arrows at entry and exit points.
- CDC signage shall be posted in publicly trafficked locations emphasizing measures to “Stop the Spread of Germs” (CDC) and exercise social responsibility (e.g., hygiene).
- Stores/malls shall post a contact email address and/or telephone number for customers.