Miami Marine Stadium Steering Committee
The Miami Marine Stadium Steering Committee (MMSSC) was established by the City Commission through a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) executed on May 15, 2012. It is comprised of 13 members and usually meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30 PM at Miami City Hall. The Committee's purpose is generally to:
- Advise Miami Sports and Exhibition Authority (MSEA) and Friends of the Marine Stadium; and
- Assist Friends of Marine Stadium to identify, in a holistic manner, the uses that over time can maximize the utilization of the Stadium and, at the same time, appropriately maximize the economic benefit of the redevelopment of this public area for the City and its residents; and
- Advise as to Friends of Marine Stadium's conduct of the evaluations needed for all aspects of the Stadium Project, as defined in the MOU; and
- Evaluate specific areas of the premises, particularly the Stadium, the Marine Stadium entrance plaza and the open green field that surrounds the Stadium.
- Grant to the Friends of Marine Stadium the right and responsibility to develop an operating plan and raise funds for the renovation of the Stadium for a period of two (2) years from the Effective Date of the MOU.
Relevant Links and Information